A vintage light fixture finds a home over my island



The "new" light

This WAS my kitchen light
 and this WAS my junk on top of the fridge 
and this WAS my old valance  
and this WAS my old yellow wall color.


The old light fixture was never centered in the space.
So the island could never have a cool pendant or chandelier.
So I was resigned for awhile....
Then I spotted this fixture at the dump swap shop in NH.
It had two lights coming out of one cap and 
each long chain carried a milky glass rose carved globe.
Hubby said it was junk when I proposed the idea.
I persisted and had second thoughts but still took it home.
I loved the romantic look of the globes.
 I also thought we could swag them over to center on the island.
After suggesting I could purchase a chandelier 
or we could try this FREE option, 
hubby jumped on board.
We bought a ceiling medallion to hide the marks 
from the old round fixture as well as 
to play up the vintage aspect of the new vintage one.
He has the long chains hanging and now has to figure 
out where the center of the island is to hang the swag hooks.
Funny when you look at pictures you see 
all of your junk and clutter more clearly.
Hubby starts swagging.... but I want them uneven.
'Maison Decor' is itching to get in there and adjust!
Here it is all hung up. 
I dry brushed some pale blue paint
 on the ceiling medallion.
The kitchen has been given a mini makeover.
Trust your instincts when you have 
a chance to grab something FREE.
It may look spectacular in it's new home~
like this one!
It inspired me to paint the kitchen 
and make a new valance and give it some love.
We're all a lot happier now.


Linking to Funky Junk Interiors SNS


No comments:

Post a Comment