Dining Room Projects Continue

My purple transferware collection has been hung!
I like how it looks against the greige paint.
I ordered three new pieces from Nancy at the Daily Dish.
Two of them have lake front homes and 
one is circled with blueberry bushes.
We are selling our lake house this week
 and it has 90 blueberry bushes.
We are going to miss it very much, so this plate
 will be a fond reminder of the home we loved.
This is my blueberry lake platter.
Nancy gave me the little dish as a bonus gift!
She also made me a teacup tassel ornament
out of a purple teacup! 
My other project this weekend:
I gave the bombe chest and
tall china cabinet a greyish/white wash.
This finish looks a lot nicer with the grey/white walls.
Originally I planned to hang the transferware
 above the chest but as we all know
the best laid plans are subject to change~always!
This small carved shelf will be fun to
 accessorize with tea lights for parties
or touches of seasonal decorations.
 I added purple crystal trim to the lampshades.
I am still waiting on the new chandy to be hung.
It had a black finish in my NH kitchen.
I sprayed it white and added strands of 
real crystal chandelier ropes to give it some sparkle.
Its patiently waiting in the living room
to be hung by Mr. Maison Decor.
I'm going to poke holes in the top curled leaves and hang some 
old prisms there as well!
You can see it sitting on my rush bench coffee table.
He promised me it will be up this week!!
There is the old chandy...ugh.
The china cabinet has been whitewashed too.
These two pieces were very golden brown before.
They look Gustavian with their new wash.
I plan on wallpapering the inside with some vintage wallpaper....
The yellow walls in the living room maybe going soon too...
For now I am pleased with the progress 
I have made in the dining room.
I love the transferware and the painted chests.
I am still pondering the window treatments..
Can you imagine a gentle grey chintz
with icy pink, purple and blue flowers dancing?
Or perhaps a tiny vintage floral stripe with a huge ruffled skirt?
Or icy pink silk? Or blue and white window pane plaid silk?
Hmmm...
And as soon as my refurbished chandy
 goes up you all will be hearing about it!!
linking to
Funky Junk's SNS collections

No comments:

Post a Comment