Bedroom Window Seat



My window seat!
Progress in the bedroom continues with the window seat getting completed.
I used a pale aqua matelasse coverlet for my cushion and skirt.
Matelasse is french for "to quilt, to pad"
 which is fabric woven with two warps
so a puckering and quilted effect is achieved.
The large border edging of the coverlet is what I used to upholster a pleated skirt
on the board platform that the cushion rests upon.
It was heavy to work with, 
but I thought it would be ideal for future machine washings.
A pattern with a finished edge makes this ideal for the skirt.
I stapled the skirt right onto the platform under the cushion.
A silk roman shade in aqua blue is paired with a small tablecloth
that I cut in half to use as a cafe curtain that swags across the bottom half.
I tacked this chantilly lace "cafe" on both edges for a simple and sweet effect.
This is one of the old table cloths I found at a consignment shop in NH.
Lots of ruffles on the white pillows make this an ethereal sitting spot.
The blue on the bench is the palest of shades. 
A small occasional table I painted white holds 
an old lamp on a marble base for intimate lighting.
This table may get an antique glaze someday.
My romantic window seat~
the perfect solution for this narrow dormer alcove.

linking to 
and
and
and

No comments:

Post a Comment