French Beaded Chandy is Up

 The living room finally has a proper chandelier.
This is a vintage basket style beaded chandy.
 This chandy deserved a ceiling medallion, so I selected this large one.
 I painted the entire thing in Folk Art craft paint, champagne color,
 then used the brown wax to antique it.
I finished it off with Rub n' Buff Antique Gold.
 This task was not high on Mr. Maison Decor's list
 this memorial day weekend.
Thankfully he went along with what was high on my list!
Anytime you work with old light fixtures there may be issues. 
This one did not come with a ceiling cover.
I picked this one up at Home Depot 
and painted it with Rub n Buff in antique gold.
However the cap was too large, so luckily Mr. MD
 was able to use a metal grinder and cut away
 the excess of  the canopy cap so it fit inside the medallion. 
 The chandy and the medallion look great with the mirror and the curtain rods.

I turned on the lights in the room for a few pictures.
It really dresses up the room.



Look what is in the doorway of this pretty french hotel!
This looks just like my chandy, and it was featured on Greige 
this weekend. She saw it in a Paris hotel and loved it~
I guess it really is a french light fixture!
Here was the original light in the room.
Here is the new girl in town.
C'est si bon!


linking to:
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

No comments:

Post a Comment