Blue Hydrangeas and Pink Glass


 I have two large endless summer hydrangeas that 
produce the most gorgeous shades of blue and purple hydrangeas.
They make simple summer bouquets.
 The kitchen window has some pink glass votives,
 an old pink aperitif glass and a sprinkling of beach glass.
 Single small blooms fit in the tiny old glass bottles.
 I like how the pink looks with the blue.
A summery windowsill vignette...
 The little star fish with the pink ribbon came from a seashore wedding we attended.
 Some basil from the garden is usually found on the windowsill too.
I found the pink votives at my friend Bridget's store, Rustique. 
When the pink hybrid tea roses are blooming I add them to the mix.
I found an old creamery box at a NH barn sale
 and it holds the small milk bottles nicely.
Pink and blue blossoms
Big bunches of  hydrangeas on the island.
 A bouquet in the living room.
These are in a Bennington (VT) pottery pitcher.
Simple summer decorating~with hydrangeas and roses from the garden.
PS.
Look what I found in a barn shop in New Hampshire~
A coveted tole tray in rare turquoise!
I just added it to my Etsy shop.
This color is hard to part with as it is soooo pretty!
(note: this SOLD same day I listed it)
I also got a pair of real deer antlers at the same barn sale.
They are in the Etsy shop now too.
You just never know what you are going to come across in an old barn!


linking to
Show Off Your Cottage Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment