Settee in pastel colored Chalk Paint™ and dark wax!

 Pastels are my favorite shades to use in decorating.
 I love the variety of soft colors in the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint™ line~
and I decided to do a Chippendale style settee in the pastels
 to take away the formality of the piece.
 First step was two coats of Old Ochre Chalk Paint™.  
No sanding, no priming~just painting.
 My new favorite neutral~
 Painting things with legs is tricky. Its nice to get it up off the
 floor and be able to turn it in different positions to 
make sure you have everything covered.
 After the base coats were applied, I brushed all the leaves with Versailles. 
This color with Old Ochre was a great combination~I considered stopping there..
.but I really had a vision in my head, so I kept to plan.
 Next I added Antoinette and a color that I mixed up for
 my Tiffany chairs~closest to Duck Egg blue. 
I brushed them on as I went using a little bit of this here, and a 
little bit of that there~
 Until I ended up with this~a mix of soft pink, blue and green on a creamy base. 
After I was finished with all the pastel detail painting, I covered it in clear wax. 
 The dark wax would be following, as I wanted this to feel more sophisticated 
and not so little girlish~and that is what the dark wax 
does to the Annie Sloan™ pastels.
 Here is the leg detail with just Old Ochre~
 Here it is with the  pastels, now  getting some dark wax.  
 I brush it on so it goes in all the crevices and on top of the surface~
 It looks like a big scary mess~
 Covering all the pretty pastels in the dark brown wax~
 I do section at a time and then rub off the dark wax 
and am left with a beautiful result~
So don't be afraid to use the dark wax~
 Its still pretty, just not so sugary.
 The store is really full with  new pieces, so it was hard to find a spot to take its picture!

 This morning I moved it again so I could look at it from my desk...'cuz I love it!!!
 And see that brown coffee table?
 Its going to look fabulous all done up frenchy style
 in the Chalk Paint™ by Annie Sloan™.
 So many things to paint....so little time in my day! 
 I will be hosting another Annie Sloan™ Introductory Workshop 
on Sunday~2 spots are left, so its not too late to sign up and join in! 

Oh and this pretty antique chandy is going in my online store today too!
linking to
Miss Mustard Seed's Furniture Friday 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment