Glamour Girl Vanity and Silver trays galore


 Oh its a vanity for a glamour girl~don't you think?
Its got Hollywood style in spades! Its enormous too~
 Imagine once upon a time there were perfumes 
and powders and lipsticks on the vanity top~
 And what did they keep in the vanity drawers?  
Ladylike things like gloves and monogrammed handkerchiefs?
This piece has incredible detail in the wood and the design.
I will change out the hardware to something that fits the piece.
 The mirror is a big round shape with two kinds of mirrored glass~
a colored amber and regular with an etched design.  
Pink bakelite holders keep the mirror in place.  
Its in the Malden shop if you want to see it 
in person, and soon will be listed with dimensions
 and price at www.shopmaisondecor.com

I got a boatload of old silverplate today at auction~
neat pieces like this detailed bowl
 A great ice bucket with classic details and an insulated inner glass liner.
This is going to look great with the new little bar
 I found that will be in the Boston store~
pics to come soon. I got that today as well.
 Oodles of lovely trays~the ones with the engravings 
and the fancy roped edges and handles.
These are the kinds you want to find hunting 
around~they are all in Boston now.
 A silver plate spread~on the vanity before I
 attached the mirror to it with Mr. MD's help.
A great looking ornate mirror came to Malden Maison Decor today.
Its one of those show stopper mirrors....if you know what I mean.
Its not in perfect condition as it has some repairs,
but if you aren't a perfectionist you will like the price!
It would be great at the end of  a hall way or over a 
larger console or buffet with sconces on either side.
 Colin and I took a ride into Boston with some loot 
and had a quick visit with Justin~
he's doing a great job with his end of things in town! 
 Tomorrow is the vintage flea at SOWA
so if you are looking for a fun event head to the South End 
on Harrison Street. It goes 10-4
and is dog and kid friendly~make sure you take 
a peek in our store, we are right next door.
 We have new merchandise twice weekly~so check back.
 Colin was back from his first week at 
UMASS, helping bring in some things with his truck.
 A great old mirror with that messed up look that you can try to fake...
but this is the real deal, all framed up in a grey gilded vintage frame.
 And here is a cropped view of
 Mr. Horse Head lamp~he SOLD tonight!!
I had faith in him, I really did!! 
Justin was a doubter, but Momma was right~!
 My ex-tennis partner and pal Cheryl did a pop 
in on me last Friday! It was so nice of her
to visit me in my new life...she went home
 with my vintage Cherub table lamp!
We had a nice visit~we used to have 
some fun girl times back in the tennis days!!
So here I am, its getting on in the evening and I am setting up
for my Intro Paint Workshop tomorrow morning...
I took a dinner break and ran across to my Steak tip restaurant with 
Colin for a quick bite and guess what happened?
WE WON!!
When you finish your meal they shake a bottle of a hundred numbers
and pull out one, and it its on your check your bill is free...
well you all know how often we have been eating there since April.
And finally~WE WON!! 
Looks like its gonna be a great week ahead!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment