Painting a Brass Chandelier!

                                                                                                                                                             
 A vintage brass chandelier had seen better days...
I had a little plan to makeover this light fixture.
It involved some painting with Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan in Graphite...
 The Chalk Paint® sticks nicely to the brass without any prepwork. 
After doing one coat over the chandy I moved to the next step....
 I wisked some French Linen Chalk Paint® across most of the Graphite.
 Then I used my magic potion...Pearl Plaster!
 I brushed the Pearl Plaster over the painted finish and
 made it heavy and crusty in some areas and sheer in others.
Finished up with a little dark wax and now it has a a whole new look!
Something kind of hand forged looking....
Some black candle covers and this baby is good to go!
So consider Chalk Paint® for your brass pieces and add
a little Pearl Plaster for that shimmery but not sparkly look.
On a side note, Colin has been coming home on the weekends to help
out at the store~here he is painting a cottage dresser in Old White.
I have been getting lots of  compliments on him and how well
he is doing when I have to step out of the shop. 
So thank you to those who have let me know he is a pleasure and is 
so helpful and full of information.
Hope to see you in the shop!
We are located at 
150 Main Street Reading Mass
781-942-7400

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment