Could you while away summer days in this Swedish garden?

I know it's only Thursday but I'm already gearing up for the weekend and looking forward to some down time in the garden with my family. We've got so much to do to our outdoor space so I've been pouring over inspiration lately (I'd probably do this even if we didn't have anything needed doing...!). Today I'm inspired by this outdoor space. It's a beautiful Swedish which fills me with ideas from the roses over the door, and the hollyhocks lining the wall of the house, the different social areas (cute kid alert) and 'secret garden'. I hope you get some ideas too.












Photography: Jonas Ingerstedt (with kind permission. Sköna Hem

Could you while away a summer's day in this garden?

In my (small) garden I've decided the key requirements are: a comfy area for lounging, a social yet relaxed covered (possibly using white linen) dining area, making it as green as possible, beautiful scents wafting from flowers in bloom, the sound of running water, and candle lights. Achievable in 5 metres square? Hmmmm, optimistic. But dream big as they say....

What are your outdoor space essentials?

More garden inspiration can be found on my Alfresco board, as well as previous posts of this beautiful Montreal oasis, eating alfresco and outdoor showers /bathrooms.

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment