Birdcages, Workshops, Dogs and Wedding prep

 Another potpourri post from me today...its really a reflection of how my brain is
and what is going on between personal, home and shop life.  So I will be jumping around 
a bit from shop stuff to whats currently happening.
I wanted to show off these simply adorable little wire bird cages.  They aren't expensive
 or  a big deal, I just think they are great.  We tied our velvet skinny ribbons through the 
wire loop at the top and set them out on the tables....
 and we hung them from shop chandeliers.
  I pulled open their tiny wire doors, which actually
open and close.  You could put little things in there if you wanted. 
Like bird eggs or tiny faux birds,
or a pine cone or a pretty christmas bauble. 
 Or nothing at all!  Anyway I  just love these.
Its hard to see them because the wire is so fine, 
but they are a bit distressed with a mostly bronze finish
 with white paint rubbed off in areas.  Very sweet. 
 Its the little details that make a home.
I would love to do a Christmas tree
 with bird nests and these bird cages 
and tiny little birds and oodles of white lights.
 Well moving from something not so important to big news
 in Annie Sloan land, is the arrival
of her newest Chalk Paint color:  BURGUNDY!!
 Finally, after a year or more of trying to get the color just perfect, 
it has arrived. I will be adding it to our online shop today. 
Its a rich cranberry color, where the Primer Red is more browny 
with a brick red color, the Burgundy will be beautiful 
for fall and holiday paint jobs! 
 I love me a cranberry ribbon on a wreath.
 Ok with the store going along as usual, we have a family wedding 
coming up very soon! Less
than two weeks! So I have been getting ideas from Pinterest 
for the wedding to help Justin and Madison out with the execution
 of their vision for their big day. 
 Its going to be a rustic affair, and
you will see it right here on the blog. I turned down People magazine, 
because my readers deserve  first dibs on seeing the pics.  
 With a wedding comes getting dressed. 
When you really don't have anytime to shop because you are 
in a store all the time, you resort to certain measures. 
 I first ordered a dress online from Nordstroms.
It came and it fit, but it wasn't comfy. 
 And it was kind of blingy!
So I went to Nordstroms and after trying on a few dresses 
I settled on this one.
Its navy blue column style with a lace overlay, 
with a big slit up the center of the back
for easy walking and dancing. It has this industrial type 
zipper that was kind of different.  Some designers are putting
 those in dresses now, like Von Furstenburg etc. 
 This dress is by Adrianna Papell, and she makes
very pretty dresses.  I loved the service at Nordstroms too!
 So this is what the MOG (mother of the groom) will be wearing.
I have some shoes...they are white. 
I am thinking of dying them with Annie's
paint using a mix of Napoleonic and Graphite.  Ha! I will let you 
know if they come out great, or if they don't. 
 I wore them at my wedding
and they are pretty and so comfy, so I would like to wear them again.
 The little dogs had to go to the groomer...
the big dog is under some medical supervision right now.
He had an ear hematoma that is being treated, 
but the sad thing is that when we took Dillon to see the vet for his ear, 
she spotted these growths on him that turned out to 
be dog skin cancer called Mast Cell Tumors.  UGH!!!
 So we are going to find out if they are really bad or just easily
 resolved by the removal of them next week. 
Fingers crossed it will be a good prognosis because we adore Dillon.
 Here is Tobey with his new hair cut. 
 He is getting really lame these days
 and sits around because his legs are so weak. 
 He is getting old now and we are treasuring our time with him too.
 In the midst of all the dog stuff, wedding stuff, running the shop,
 I still have decorating appointments that get squeezed in. 
 I plan to do a big blog with my good camera on my client Joyce's place.
 This big and lovely dresser armoire sold and is off to 
Boston to a lovely lady named Gigi!
Perfect name for this French piece.   I will miss this one.
And last but not least we have been selling out workshops 
and cannot keep up with demand.
October is sold out as I only can offer one at the end of the month.
 Two more have been added for November so 
check online at www.shopmaisondecor.com and 
click on  SHOP and then WORKSHOPS to see what we are offering.  
You can find the bird cages under the HOME DECOR tab. 
 Until next time, have a great week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment