How do you bring the outside into your home?

Hello! I hope you're having a great start to the week? At the weekends we always try to escape for a day. Whether that's a walk along a beach, hiking in the forest or simply getting away from it all. How about you? When it comes to the home, I love to see the surrounding nature reflected within. This styling by norwegian duo Kirsten Visdal and Lisbeth Nilsson for Interior Magasinet is a great example.  Sheepskin throws, logs for the fire, a branch from a tree and cushions bearing cute sheep faces come together to create a calm and cosy space close to nature, nordic style. How do you bring the outside in?






 Interior Magasinet. Photos: Sveinung BrĂ¥then, Styling Kirsten Visdal & Lisbeth Nilsson via Style Files
 I really do love the nordic colour scheme, there's something so calm about it, don't you think?

A few items I know and love - Dining area:  HAY loop dining table, Panton chair, Aksel Hansson chair. PH pendant lamp. Sitting room: Silence rug by Permafrost, coffee table by Norrgavel, slippers from Illums Bolighus, source beautiful sheepskins here, the fireplace is by Scan.

 PS When I lived in London the double-decker buses used to roar passed my flat and make the windows rattle - My Swedish boyfriend (now husband) found it really disconcerting but I found it strangely comforting. I guess that's another way of bringing the outside in?!

Have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment