Are you ready for fall?

Its officially fall. 
The summer is over and the wreaths will
 be changed out for starters.
I always start my decorating with my front door, do you?
I layered two wreaths together, the first one is a twig wreath that
 hung here in the summer with a floral wreath ring layered on top. 
I kept the twig wreath and then added a faux bittersweet wreath
A length of sheer rust and orange plaid 
wired ribbon was knotted into a bow.
 A few fall leaves with gold glitter were
 tucked in between the wreath's branches.

I like the wildness of the twig wreath
 with the branches sticking out in a spiral.
I popped a few fall colored leaf sprays
 with berries into the black urns.
I prefer a few touches of fall color~
I don't go overboard with decorating for fall. 
I hate to see summer go I guess....
From my door I still spy the roses and zinnias in my garden,
 and the hydrangeas blooming profusely.
So summer comes inside with me....
I'm not quite ready for fall. 
The garden will tell me when it really is fall, 
but in the meantime I'll get my wreath up...
and try to embrace fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment