Authentic Shabby Chic Pillows

 I made some Shabby Chic pillows out of real Shabby Chic fabric.
I used a one inch mini knife pleat along the edges for a tailored ruffle
since these pillows will be in my living room not in my bedroom.
 I found this Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic fabric on Ebay.
I originally selected it for my bedroom makeover project.
It has a light aqua background with scattered pink roses and beige leaves.
I could barely see Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic 2006
 printed on the selvage edge, but it is there in palest aqua writing.
That is where you can usually find the maker of your drapery fabric.
The selvage is also where they also put all the dye colors used in that print.
Here my ruffle strip is ready to be added to the pillow.
I pleat it by hand as I add it to the pillow cut out.
This is a cute pin cushion that I made out of a vintage china ramekin.
Wrap a fabric scrap around a ball of stuffing and glue it  into your teacup or whatever.
I covered a chip with a raggy linen bow and rosette.
It is a fun little project to make with old china pieces...
anyway back to the pillows!
Miniature knife pleated ruffle on my pretty pillow
Rachel Ashwell has such a way with soft pastels in vintage styles.
It may be snowing outside again, but spring time has arrived!
linking to
Wow Us Wednesday at Kim's SSS
and
Jami's Air Your Laundry Textile Party


No comments:

Post a Comment