French Wallpaper for My Cabinet

 My china cabinet has a pretty blue exterior 
and the original yellow french provincial finish.
It has been crying out for a wallpapered interior....
at least it has been crying out to me.
The worst part of this job will be to empty the cabinet.
 I have it packed to the gills after 30 years of collecting.
Meet my new cabinet interior~
a lovely Marie Antoinette kind of paper.
Excuse poor image quality, I took it with an iPhone of my computer monitor.
Today this wallpaper is on its way to Maison Decor!
I might like to display the cabinet with the doors
 wide open after it has its makeover.
Martha Stewart shows off her pink strie wallpaper by leaving the doors open.
I have shown this pic before, but I just love it, so here it is again!
This wallpaper would be fun in a cabinet filled with white china!
source: style-files.com
Country Living shows a purple toile wallpaper inside this frenchy cabinet.
Don't you love the chicken wire on the doors?
If my china cabinet held only my purple transferware I would do that toile.
Instead, most of my purple transferware hangs on the wall around the mirror.
I bought several of these from Nancy's Daily Dish 
who has an incredible collection for sale in all colors.
Her shop is located on my sidebar if you are in the market.
My cabinet holds a bunch of patterns and colors.
There are different sets of china in pastels and whites and creams.
I have glasses in purple, salmon pink and crystal.
The outside of the cabinet is a powdery blue so the wallpaper 
chose has a blue background with pinks and other colors.
It has a big pattern repeat so it will stand up behind my tiny china patterns.
Very feminine with a historical flair.
I found it on Ebay and am excited to start this project.
(I am not of the mind that birds are bad luck either!)
File this under my latest obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment