A Man Cave Makeover Plan

 White washed wood planks on the walls.
I love how this looks, a cottage woodsy effect.
 White washed wood planks on the floors warm up this all white space.
White washed wood planks again...
with all the knots showing through.
IDEA FORMS IN MY HEAD
These white washed wood planks became the inspiration 
 to makeover our small den man cave
where hubs and I spend time together watching TV.
Its a room I had kind of given up on giving the Maison Decor touch.
It was too masculine~how 
could I turn it into a space that I could love too.
The walls are BM Chestertown Buff.
I recently decided I want to try and make
this room flow with the rest of the house.
A Maison Decor Challenge.
I had thrown the gauntlet at myself.
A fair amount of cowboy stuff is in here.
Dave's cowboy hats and lasso...
One old wagon wheel, a Dodge City clock,
custom made whips from Down Under
and an old Wyoming truck plate.
Lots of leather furniture with a dark palette of gold and brown
and a cool leopard rug are in this room.
Now...

Picture this room wrapped in creamy white washed wood planks.
Edit a few items and play around with a few of the other things
by adding some neutral nubby fabrics that will play off the leather
and bring out the creamy white wood walls.
I think I have figured it out....
I want this to be a man cave that has
the Maison Decor touch, and yet is still a man cave.
Stay tuned and see if I can meet my own challenge.
Oh...
did I mention that the wood planks are wallpaper?


No comments:

Post a Comment