Dreaming of a Garden House


 Very vineyardy with natural shingles and white trim.
 A garden shed garden house with the most
 charming little windows and double finials on the roof.
 A double decker english style garden house
 with plank shutters on a stucco facade.
 Maybe a little too perfect for my taste, but very sweet none the less.
The double dormers take this from Home Depot kit, to McMansion status.
 A homemade version of old windows for the roof and walls~
my idea of what is a possible do it yourself without a plan project.
 Secret Garden Enchantment
This must have been an out building on grannie's back lawn.

 A little dark and mysterious, this building 
would be ivory with a purple door if it belonged to me.
 The perfect climbing rose climbed up the 
perfect little garden house with the perfect little windows.
A tad on the small side, another possible do it yourself 
garden house made with boards and single paned windows.
The cupola takes it another level.
This little miniature I made sits in my backyard.
I found all the old windows on the road by my sister's house 
and put them in my mini-cooper to take them home.
If I can do this, I tell myself I can do a bigger version.
My biggest model of inspiration on making a garden house 
is the creator of Tinker House.
and she is most kind when I ask her how she did this and that.
Someday I hope to have a big garden house
and that it will look half as amazing as Donnas'!

sources for all the garden houses from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment