French poem lilac dresser~

 This old dresser got a romantic frenchy makeover~
A paint job in Paloma Chalk Paint®, followed by a stenciled french poem,
 some Paris Grey dry brushing, a little distressing and finally a wax job.
If you see dressers like this dark beast, you imagine the possibilities (endless)
when you look over your Chalk Paint® color chart and decide what color is best.
 I am on a Paloma kick right now~I used it in my last 
workshop and I was inspired to use it on this piece.
 Here is the plain Paloma base coat.  Sadly you can see that
 there were spots of bleeding on the top of the 
dresser if you look closely...so I had to cover it with 
Zinsser Clear Shellac and repaint the top.
 Then I stenciled the french poem across the top and the drawers as well~
 With a lot of my pieces I like to add depth by
 dry brushing another color over the first steps
before I am ready to distress or finish it with wax. I used 
Paris Grey here....the Paloma and Paris are gorgeous together!
 Ooh la la~
 Its all ready to go to someone's guest cottage or daughter's bedroom~
 In the meantime a couple of pieces were dropped off for custom jobs~
these two Ethan Allen tables had seen better days.  The customer
picked out Provence! I have never used the provence except in workshops
and it might just be my new favorite color!!! 
Colin and I are working on these pieces and they will be going home 
at the end of the week and will be in a room with chocolate brown sofas.
Can't you just imagine how perfect they will look?

To Purchase Poem Stencil 
or 
Chalk Paint® decorative paint by Annie Sloan 
please visit us at 150 Main Street, Reading, MA 01867
or shop online at 




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment