Updates~dogs, lake furniture, gilding wax and life!

The chair that I used Chalk Paint® on in my shop is now in my dining room.
  I loved how they came out so much I couldn't sell them...and I also
 wanted to see how a painted leatherette chair with wax would 
stand up to daily use.  I'll tell you what~not one spot of wear is 
detectable!! Mr. Maison Decor sits on this chair everyday and
 it is amazing to me how great this paint stands up.  So if you 
have an old ugly faux or real leather chair you would
 like to update, consider the Annie Sloan treatment!
 The Gilding waxes arrived in the shop~
I have to say I am soooo excited about how these work
to transform objects into things of elegance.
From furniture to wooden boxes to metal items,
a dash of these waxes goes on like velvet and it stays right 
where you put it...it won't come off!
Now if you add a little too much,
just take a bit of clear wax to erase, 
or use a bit of mineral spirits on a cloth.
Gilding wax is always applied as the last step,
after you have waxed your piece.
 The silver leaf gilding wax looks pretty on greys and blues~
 The Renaissance Gold looks nice on deeper toned neutrals or bold colors.
 I like the Empire Gold gilding wax for pastels and lighter neutrals~
 King Gold gilding wax is the middle of the road gold tone that works 
on just about everything.  I added it to a sample board I made using 
the Annie Sloan craqueleur product.  I will be having an Advanced Techniques
 class on August 15th from 6-9PM and these are some of the products we will be using.
 Still working on my custom clocks~I always get curious to 
see what colors people order.
Then I think and wonder what their homes look like~
 This color is Annie Sloan's Chateau Grey~not to be 
confused with gray!! Its a pretty antique olive toned green.
Its on its way to a new home as we speak...
 My apprentice/son is becoming a more skilled painter than his mother!!
 He is really good at getting the paint down just right.
 Look who stopped by my store this week~my little grandson Kingsley!!
 He is my son Brandon's chihuahua.  I babysat him 
for a week this year and now he is my best friend.
 I asked him kindly to pose on the needlepoint stool and he granted my wish.
Of course his daddy was compensating him with treats for his good behavior!! 
He only bit one person that came in the store!!! 
Haah! It was really just a nibble....no stitches required.
This morning I stopped by my favorite picking spot on the way to work and look what 
the guy had saved just for me...he yelled to me as I pulled in the lot, "Amy I got somethin' for you"...
and I have to say I was thrilled to see this! Its a beautiful vanity and mirror (the mirror is leaning against the ground but is mounted up on the top of the vanity). 
 It is going to be stunning when I am finished with it.
and you can bet your bottom dollar I will be using gilding wax on this baby!!
Then later in the day I got a call to say my left bid on this cottage lake furniture
 was accepted, so I am super excited about this coming to my shop!! 
It came out of a New Hampshire lake house....it has carved leaves as pulls,
 and hand painted roses on it....to die for!! I LOVE this!
I'll get better pics next week of it to share.
I plan to add my furniture pieces to my online shop at www.shopmaisondecor.com
I have heard that many people are having success shipping pieces and I want to join in the fun.
So look for my furniture inventory to appear soon. I am working on the Boston store details and it is really taking a lot more of my time, so I apologize if I have not been able to see what is going on in the blogs of many of my favorites~but I find I am once again waking up in the middle of the night trying to fit all the pieces of the puzzle together for this next chapter.  Exciting but a little bit stressful to try to do it all....and as we all know, NO ONE can do it ALL!!! 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment