My dining room: touch of spring

I hope you all had a lovely weekend? My family and I headed off to a lake here in Southern Sweden called Krankesjön to enjoy some ice-skating and a barbicue on the frozen lake.  The sun was shining and the snow sparkled like diamonds. The only disconcerting noise was the eerie creaking of the ice! 

Speaking of sparkling, I also got down to a little spring cleaning. All Christmas decorations are out and the first signs of spring have arrived in my dining area and it feels wonderful!





Photography: My Scandinavian Home

PS Incidentally I asked a friend from Stockholm about the sound of creaking ice and he said that it can be a sign of 'good ice' but you need to be a pro to know the difference. I certainly wasn't going to wait around to find out!

How was your weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment