Boho-french coffee table

Grey and white and damask and gold leaf 
all rolled into one project to create a table that had 
 bohemian frenchy flair.
It was a table that I had not been using and was sitting in storage.
When I saw a stenciled buffet table on Nita's Mod Vintage Life blog
I was inspired to do my own version on this round coffee table.
I loved the effect of the stencil on this piece.
Just another reason why I love blogs~so much inspiration to be had.
This table has a lot of nice details.
 I couldn't wait to transform it.
 I started out by coating the entire thing in Annie Sloan's Paris Grey chalk paint.
The base too~I know, I carefully painted it on my slipcovered chair!
Old White chalk paint was used for the pattern.
I used a stencil I had and made an allover pattern with the large damask.
 But it was too boring.
So, I hand painted a few swooping lines...and a few dots....
And added a partial area of the stencil to fill in the gaps.
Here is the table top before I added gold leaf to the edges. 
It came out so pretty!
Next up was gold leaf Rub n' Buff. 
Wow, is this product incredible! 
I have seen it used in blogland, and so I ordered three colors:
 gold leaf, old gold, and silver leaf.  
You can find it on Amazon and it is less than $3 a tube and delivers huge results.
The top is finished. 
Wowsers! Loving this look.
I used gold leaf on the borders and finished it all with Hennants Clear wax.
No distressing, no dark wax for this baby.
These are the products I used to do the table. 
I added some gold leaf on the legs too.
I love the table, but am not sure how great it is in this room....
but for now it stays.


No comments:

Post a Comment